Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Tale of Two Feathers!

Just after Christmas, the little cockatiels, Krishna and Pandu went home to their real parents!
How sad for all of us! Birds have instincts! Before going home in the evening, 27/12/08, one of the birdies dropped a feather for me for keeps-sake!

Their "Mum" mentioned that she would be seeing me at our "Bajan-session" the next evening!
However, I did not see any of Krishna and Pandu's parents nor their two "singing-sisters!" My excuse for them was that they just got back from Overseas holiday and must be pretty busy, you know what jetlag is like!

Two weeks later I met up with the "birdies' " parents and I was told that little Krishna was missing us very much and was "hyper-active" at home and always sticking out his neck, like looking out for me!!! Yeh! we bet he would, because he had grown so attached to us, living with us for for just over 7 weeks! All animals, have feelings, but most of the time, human beings tend to ignore them when we get too busy with our daily lives! Let's thank God and be happy, some of us have Real Pets that Adore and Love us very much! It is a precious gift, money cannot buy to get it!

That fine evening we had a few visiting singers that came to join us to sing their choice of devotional songs in Shirdi Baba's temple, and as usual I tried to sing as earnestly as possible although I do not know the Hindi Language, but I could understand the meaning easily! After the completion of Lord Shiva's song, a little 5 -year old girl came and sat beside me, and we knew each other pretty well, like "old buddies" in our past lives!

This cute and intelligent little girl, smiled at me and offered me a little "feather!' I leaned over to her and said,"Oh My God! Where did this come from ?" She replied that she found them just outside the temple grounds! The feather reminded me of the lovely birdies that were holidaying with us and just gone home the night before! I said that I will wash it first to keep it, and she said to give it to Baba, and wash it with soap! Her Mum looked and smiled at us, from where she was seated with the harmonium near to us! She was then offered the other feather from her loving little daughter! She accepted it and we resumed our non-stop singing! Later, when they have left, I found the other feather lying on the floor and took that home as well!

At home, I found the other feather dropped by one of the birds as a "gift" to me, in the morning before they went home that night! They all match! So I left the feather of one of the bird's and one of my pet Corella's feather in front of Shirdi Baba's picture frame on my computer desk, to remind me to write this little story!

I had been very busy to-day, afer all the rush and prayers on the eve of Chinese New Year!
Now it is time to go and get the dinner ready!

"Happy Chinese New Year" to all of you!
The story line of Deepavali and Chinese New Year is very similair! One happened in India, and the other happened in China! If you want to know about it, just let me know!

Best wishes and Blessings,
Nancy

No comments: